Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Highs and Lows





As I begin my third week in the NaNoWriMo project, it's been hard to stay out of the doldrums. So much of novel writing is getting the characters from point A to point E via B, C, and D. In general, I write A and E first, then find myself forced to slog through the pesky details. Most of my activity for the past week has been answering mundane questions and setting things up for future point Es.

Where was the humor? Where were the brilliant lines I hoped to have my characters use? Wasn't this supposed to be a funny story?

Last night, though, I got to have some fun! Naturally, it involved the villains doing something stupid, and the consequences that ensued. Loud noises were made, guns were proven to be ineffective, and pants needed changing. I even got some good sarcasm going.

I hope it will restore my faith so I can get a few more thousand words written by the end of the month.

Sarah G

No comments:

ShareThis