Monday, November 07, 2005

Update on the Novel

The first five chapters of my novel were well-received Saturday by Sisters in Crime. Several of them confided that they'd had misgivings about reading a lesbian vampire story, but they wound up enjoying the narrative greatly. This had the double-edged effect of making me feel good about continuing my work on the novel, but also nervous about whether I could make the rest of the story just as entertaining.

Gwen and I are continuing to plug away at the NaNoWriMo project. She's begun the book I've nagged her about for the past year, which is great. I've produced more text in the last few days than I normally set for myself in a month's time, although I had already exceeded my goal for this year. If I keep up the pace, I may participate every year till I get the book finished. It might help me ship it to a publisher before I reach retirement age!

(Just FYI: I am very conservative about the number of words I set for myself. I make generous allowances for the day job, politics, and critical reruns of favorite TV programs. House also just started up again, so I doubt I will be productive every night.)

Sarah G

2 comments:

R Flowers said...

Sounds like you're doing well, given everything else on your plate.

By the way, what does the title ("ATFT") mean, if anything?

Sarah Glenn said...

It's just an acronym for "All This and Family, Too". It's the title of my novel. I'm lazy. ;-)

ShareThis